Your Pet Stop Low Battery Light is flashing too soon.
Assumption: You have two Pet Stop Ultra Tuff or Ultra Elite (or one of each) collars and you think one is bad because the low battery light starts flashing soon after you put a new battery in it. “Soon after” could mean immediately or even a week or two later.
At no point during this testing process will I ever ask you to shock yourself. That is a personal matter and entirely up to you.
First, be sure you can tell the difference between the suspect collar and the working collar (if they are both the same sizes, shapes and and colors, this could be a challenge).
This test will only work if 1) the suspect collar has a low battery light flashing at the time you begin the test AND 2) you know the other collar is working because you just (as in right now) tested it at either the wall mounted transmitter or at the edge of the yard. ie. You heard it beep when held at the same level above the ground as your dog at the edge of the yard or you held it up to the wall-mounted transmitter and heard the beep.
1) On the collar that appears to be working: take the battery out and use a Sharpee pen to label the battery as “GOOD”.
2) Set the GOOD battery aside.
3) On the failing collar that is presently flashing the low battery light: Take that battery out and label it as “BAD”.
3) Put the BAD battery into the collar that appears to be working.
4) Observe and record what happens with the Good collar. Does it start to blink immediately, or soon thereafter?
5) Take that collar to the yard and test to see if it beeps.
6) Place the GOOD battery into the BAD collar.
7) Take that collar to the yard and test to see if it beeps.
8) Observe and record what happens with the Bad collar. Does it start to blink immediately, or soon thereafter?
What you might observe with the GOOD Collar:
GOOD collar with BAD battery does NOT flash and does NOT beep in yard or at transmitter, meaning: Make sure the battery is in properly (+ side facing out). If battery is placed properly, then the GOOD collar is not working now and you should try again with the GOOD battery this time. THIS WOULD MEAN THE BAD BATTERY IS NOW DEAD, CAUSED BY SUSPECTED BAD COLLAR.
GOOD Collar starts flashing immediately. CONCLUSION: BAD Battery was low, probably caused by BAD collar. SUSPECTED BAD COLLAR IS DEFINITELY BAD.
GOOD collar does not flash, even after several hrs but works at the edge of the yard, meaning: The BAD battery is still good. Probably the BAD collar is BAD.
What you might observe with the BAD Collar:
BAD collar with GOOD battery flashes immediately. CONCLUSION: SUSPECTED BAD COLLAR IS STILL SUSPECTED AS BAD
BAD collar does not flash AND appears to work at edge of Yard or at wall mounted transmitter.
BAD collar does not flash and does not beep at at edge of Yard or at wall mounted transmitter.
Make sure the battery is in properly (+ side facing out). If battery is placed properly, then the BAD collar is not working. CONCLUSION: SUSPECTED BAD COLLAR IS STILL SUSPECTED AS BAD AND SHOULD BE REPLACED.
If you conclude the suspected bad collar is in fact suspected as bad after these tests, let me know and we will commence with the warranty exchange process. I will give you my address to come by for the exchange in Olathe, KS. or we can do the exchange thru the mail.