LINK Receiver Charging Video
This video is from a friend’s website. If you have questions after viewing it, please call us at 913-345-2533 x 2. Thank you.
Troubleshooting a LiNK Receiver
The battery will hold a charge in the LiNK collar for a few days and sometimes for weeks.
Several Possibilities of things that might have gone wrong with your high tech receiver:
You are on this page because you are having trouble with your LiNK receiver. Please rest assured that if the battery is charged, the fence is plugged in, the wire is not cut, your pet is wearing the collar, proper contact is maintained and your dog was completely trained, then the collar will still function as a containment collar.
There are several possibilities that could be leading to your problem:
- The battery in your LiNK receiver needs charging. – Likely
- The charging stand is dead – Possible
- The charging stand is plugged into an electrical outlet that does not have power. – Not likely
- You have not accepted a program update that we sent your LiNK receiver – Possible, but you should know this because there would be an alert on the Pet Stop LINK app on your Smartphone.
- Our APP is dependent upon the newest OS for your Smartphone. Therefore, if you have an OS update available for your Smartphone, please accept it. – Possible
- Pet Stop periodically updates the app for your smartphone, so please be sure you have your apps set to auto-update so you always have the latest and most up-to-date app. – Possible
- Your Smartphone may be having Bluetooth problems. – Possible
NOTE: LiNK Versions…There are two versions of the LiNK App – Link (Legacy) and Pet Stop LiNK. Pet Stop LINK was created as a workaround for some Bluetooth connection issues that occur with Samsung Galaxy phones. It seems each time Samsung updates the Android OS, Bluetooth is affected and can affect all of your Bluetooth apps.
Our Pet Stop LiNK App web developer recommends:
- On your phone: Please ensure Bluetooth is on and Location Services are enabled. (This is necessary for the app to function properly.)
- Once Bluetooth is enabled, are you able to “scan” for the collar and find it while you are within 10 feet? If not, completely charge your collar two more times.
- After recharging three more times, try again to scan and connect to your collar.
- If you still cannot connect, install the Pet Stop LiNK app on a second phone and try to connect to your collar. If you can connect with a second phone, then the issue is with your phone.
Try this next:
- Please place your LiNK collar on its charger and ensure that it’s come to a full charge. (Solid GREEN-or RED Light after a few hours). Leave it on the charger until instructed below to remove it.
- Log out of your app.
- RESTART your phone.
- Log into the app
- Select “Settings”
- Uncheck the “Enable Auto Connection” feature.
- Take your collar off of its charger
- Try to connect it to your app once again.
- You may then attempt to re-enable the auto-connection feature to see if it will work.
If you cannot connect to your LiNK receiver because of a PIN error, follow the steps below:
- Place your LiNK in the charging device.
- After 30 – 60 seconds your LiNK will have cycled RED – GREEN – RED – GREEN-… and settled into a steady pulsing RED or GREEN- light. Then remove your LiNK from the charger.
- Remove your LiNK from the charger.
- Log on and “remember” the collar when prompted.
- Connect to the LiNK without a PIN. You can do this for only the next 60 seconds after removing the LiNK from the charger.
- After connecting, you will be prompted: “Remember Collar”. Select OK.
- After “Remembering” your LiNK, the next prompt is “Set Collar Name”. Select OK or CANCEL. After naming your collar, you will be prompted for an “IMAGE”. Select OK or Cancel.
- Go to SETTINGS
- Select “Manage Collars”
- Select “Edit Collar”
- Observe from this page your collar “Name” and “Serial Number” – If the “Name” does not contain the last 4 digits of the serial number, you should do two things: 1) Rename the collar so it contains the last 4 digits of the serial number. 2) Change the PIN so it is the last 4 digits of the Serial number.
Below is more information and additional instructions you should try in order to resolve your issue. Please follow ALL of the steps above and below so we can get you running again.
Please always try the following troubleshooting steps. If you ever run into any issues the first course of action is to accept and update your Smartphone with any new programs that you see have been sent to you by me dealer (me).
After updating your app follow the steps below in order:
1) Verify that your LiNK receiver shows up in your app. If not, go to step 2. If your receiver does show up go to step 3.
2) If your LiNK receiver does NOT show up in the app, then put your LiNK receiver in the charger. It is most likely that the battery needs a fresh charge for a few hours until the lights on the charger stop flashing and go steady RED or GREEN. After you take the collar out of the charger, try to connect within the next 60 seconds if you connect, you are done. If it does not show up in the app, call us. If it shows up and you cannot connect, proceed to step 3.
3) If your collar shows up and you still cannot connect, turn your phone off and back on. After restarting your phone, put the collar in the charger for a few minutes. Take the collar out of the charger and try to reconnect within the next 60 seconds. This is a back way in and you will not need a PIN for connecting. If your LiNK shows up and you can connect, then you are fixed.
Note: When you put your LiNK in the charger, sometimes you need to give an extra push to properly seat the three contact points. If nothing happens, try a different electrical outlet.
There are 3 possible outcomes when you place your receiver into the diagnostic charging cradle:
1) Normal with battery partially charged before the charge: When the contacts are complete, the charger should flash RED-flash GREEN-flash RED flash etc. and the LiNK makes a BEEP BEEP BEEP for 5 seconds or so. This is normal behavior. If it BEEP BEEP BEEPed at that stage then it meant there was still some charge in the battery when you put it into the charger. At the end of the charge cycle, the receiver will BEEP BEEP BEEP again and show a steady green light. That is normal and means all systems checked out OK.
2) Normal with battery drained before the charge: When the contacts are complete, the charger should flash RED-flash GREEN-flash Red-flash etc. and LiNK does not BEEP BEEP BEEP. This is normal behavior. If it does not BEEP BEEP BEEPed at that stage then it meant that there was NO charge in the battery when you put it into the charger. At the end of the charge cycle, the receiver may BEEP BEEP BEEP and show a steady RED light. That is normal and means all systems checked out OK except that the battery was drained before the charge. I suggest you put the LiNK back into the charging stand again for 30 seconds to see that it goes BEEP BEEP BEEP. When it does, you are assured that the receiver battery is charged and has passed the systems check.
3) Abnormal with no battery charge before the charge and maybe a bad LiNK: When the contacts are complete, the charger should flash RED-flash GREEN-flash RED etc. and might go BEEP BEEP BEEP for 5 seconds or so. If it does not display any flashing lights or beeps, then it has failed and either the outlet is bad, the charger is bad, or the LiNK is bad.
A) Try a different electrical outlet
B) If you have another charger, try it.
C) If you have another LiNK try that one in the charger.
Contact me with results indicating you have a bad LiNK or charger.
And, Just so you know, the 4 digit PIN for your LiNK is either the last 4 digits of your LiNK’s serial number or “1234”. Either way, it is the pre-set PIN. When we originally set up your receiver, we included the last 4 digits of the serial number or “1234” as part your dog’s receiver name. For instance, you might see a receiver on your app that you can connect to in your app. The receiver might be called: “Ginny Smith – 0886” or “Ginny Smith – 1234”. In this example your PIN is the last 4 digits of the collar name, therefore your PIN = 0886 or 1234 and of course Ginny is your dog and Smith is your last name.